Sunday, April 26, 2009

Slow Mo


I just got back from a trip to Costa Rica with students from our school. We had a fabulous time exploring various regions of the country. There were ample opportunities on the trip for photography and I enjoyed documenting our adventures in this blog

On our first evening in Costa Rica we were staying  at the Gran Hotel Costa Rica in downtown San Jose. I decided to take a short walk around the hotel and practice taking slow motion photographs of passing vehicles. I had my camera set to ISO 200, a shutter speed of 1/15th of a second and an aperture of f/14 to ensure I had a good depth of field when I noticed this couple approaching on a motorcycle.  The 1/15th shutter speed allowed the background to blur nicely as I panned with the motorcycle. I thought it was cool that the driver of the motorcycle noticed me and gave me a big smile and a wave just as was taking the photo. Perfect! I really like the blurred red taxis in the background, which nicely compliment the driver's red shirt. I was also lucky in that the driver's face was perfectly lit up by the setting sun just as I released the shutter.

No comments:

 
Custom Search